There are currently 169 blog entries published by Lane Walsh.
Monday, January 14th, 2013 at 8:37am. 461 Views, 1 Comments.
Central Bistro and Bar is high-end, down home food that makes you proud to be an American. We salute it. This place is Denver at its best.
Bistro: Central Bistro and Bar for the best of local drinks and eats. http://centralbistrobar.com/
Location: 1691 Central St., in Denver's LoHi neighborhood.
The Atmosphere is...like a sultry butcher shop. Seriously - it is so HOT that even their oversized ice cubes are sexy. The vintage memorabilia peppering the dining room plays perfectly against the modern lighting and chef-inspired eats. And the view! Killer. Again, all we can think to say is "sexy."
What to Drink/Eat: Go with friends and figure out a way to eat it all. If that fails, you can't go wrong with the bacon and squash risotto or…
Friday, January 11th, 2013 at 8:09am. 451 Views, 0 Comments.
MERLIN PARKER, Broker Associate
Merlin will guide you through the selling or buying of a home like a trusted friend. His clientele is made up of quite a few repeat customers - we think they like hanging out with Merlin just as mush as they like the properties he helps them find! We think you'll adore him as well. We're grateful for the time Merlin took to answer our Q&A and give us his insights on the Denver he loves.
How long have you lived in Colorado? 29 years.
Why did you choose to make Denver your home? I originally moved here to attend college. I have left for brief amounts of time, but choose Denver as my home because it’s a thriving, liberal city with great weather and fun outdoor…
Thursday, January 10th, 2013 at 8:00am. 387 Views, 0 Comments.
We've been saying it, you've been reading it, and the numbers back it up: Denver boasts one of the strongest housing markets in the country and is one of only a handful of true seller's markets.
A quick market snapshot, courtesy of the Denver Metro Association of Realtors:
- On average, a single family home sold for just under $254,000 in December of 2011, and in December 2012 that average rose to almost $290,000.
- The number of homes on the market, which in December of 2012 was the lowest since 1998, has driven up sale prices.
- In November and December of 2011 the number of homes sold or under contract outnumbered the number of homes available.
- Inventory of single family homes in December of 2012 was down 28% from the previous December.
Friday, January 4th, 2013 at 10:45am. 1,556 Views, 2 Comments.
We are literally buzzing with excitement after visiting coffee shops all over the Denver area and sampling their fresh-brewed wares. Thanks to all who made suggestions on our Facebook page - read on to see if your favorite made the list! Did we miss your favorite haunt? Leave a comment and we'll be sure to head their way! Just a side note - we gave points for ambience as well as flavor profile. Serious fun.
TOP 10 COFFEESHOPS IN DENVER...in no particular order
1. Crema Coffee House (The coffee enthusiast's coffee house of choice)
2. KJ's Coffee Bar (Quaint and unassuming; a solid choice)
3. St. Marks Coffee House (Our favorite high school haunt holds up to time; coffee is swell and people watching is tops)
4. Buchi Cafe Cubano (Cafe con…
Friday, December 14th, 2012 at 9:43am. 410 Views, 2 Comments.
LANE WALSH, Broker/Owner
Lane is the driving force behind Dwell Denver, having started the company in January 2011 and working tirelessly ever since. She wanted to open an office that was welcoming to agents who were committed giving their best to their clients while allowing her the freedom to give her best to her clients as well. Lane specializes in residential real estate in central Denver and the surrounding suburbs. This woman-about-town has sold homes and condos from Lochbuie to Castle Rock, Golden to Aurora and everything in between. In a rare moment of freedom we swooped in and got a little Q&A time with the lady behind the curtain.
How long have you lived in Colorado? 1997, my senior…
Tuesday, December 11th, 2012 at 10:17am. 526 Views, 0 Comments.
Finding a good photographer - especially one who is adept with kids and doesn't bankrupt you for the cost of a photo session and a picture package - can be difficult. So, we encourage you to look no further than local gem Camile Morrison and her studio The Abstract Owl.
A true Denver native, Camile knows hundreds of places to shoot all over the state and she tackles everything from family pictures to engagement photos to professional headshots. Her work comes alive outdoors and she is willing to turn herself into an absolute clown in order to put you at ease and tease a smile out of the most unwilling toddler. In addition to all this, Camile also designs custom birth announcements, holiday cards and would still have time to design your New Year's…
Tuesday, November 27th, 2012 at 7:50am. 227 Views, 0 Comments.
Neighborhood: Reunion in Commerce City
Address: 10089 Richfield Street
About the house: Why wait for new construction when you can buy an almost new, fully upgraded home that is ready to go? This Shea Spaces home features amazing upgrades, see virtual tour for the list. Highlights include premium location, fully landscaped, main floor office, A/C, bright and open floor plan, gas stove, gorgeous finishes, quiet street and awesome neighbors. Come and enjoy everything that Reunion has to offer. You will love it here!
What to know what the residents of Reunion think of their neighborhood? Check out our exclusive neighborhood survey!
"Like" Dwell Denver Real Estate on Facebook to stay in the know and don't forget to check back…
Monday, November 26th, 2012 at 8:09am. 1,730 Views, 0 Comments.
High five! Thanksgiving has stuffed our bellies and officially kicked off the most wonderful time of the year! Don't miss out on the holiday festivities around town. Here's a list of our favorites.
1. 9 News Parade of Lights (11/30, 12/1)
2. Shop local at Aspen Grove's Paris Street Market indoors (11/30, 12/1)
3. Historic Georgetown Christmas Market (12/1, 12/2, 12/8/ 12/9)
4. Colorado Christmas with the Colorado Symphony Orchestra (12/7-12/9)
5. Festival of Lights at Four Mile Historic Park featuring the Colorado Hebrew Chorale (12/10)
6. Denver Gay Men's Chorus Christmas concert (12/20)
7. Zoo Lights (11/30-1/2)
8. Blossoms of Light and Trail of Lights at the Botanic Gardens (11/30-1/1)
9. Santa Claus in his Larimer Square…
Tuesday, November 20th, 2012 at 3:27pm. 1,318 Views, 0 Comments.
Stapleton may not be on your radar right now, but with its wealth of custom rowhomes, duplexes and single family homes in a gorgeous prairie setting just minutes from Downtown Denver, we think it warrants a second look! Here is what we love about Stapleton...
1. Perfect for families. From the stroller-friendly sidewalks to the great array of schools, it's no wonder that families are flocking to Stapleton.
2. Focus on fitness and the outdoors! Stapleton is full of pocket parks, greenbelts, open space, rec centers, walking/bike paths, community pools, dog parks and playgrounds. We especially love Central Park. This is a place to get your Colorado on.
3. Northfield Shopping Center. We love the outdoor shopping experiences around Denver, and…
Thursday, November 15th, 2012 at 12:19pm. 3,071 Views, 0 Comments.
We love a new thing, and relative newcomer Local 46 is on its way to becoming a favorite north-side haunt. You may remember the 46th and Tennyson locale as the sight of former super dive bar The Music Box. It has retained the funky feel but cleaned the floors (hooray!), added some "it's so terrible I may need to own it" art and fits with its surroundings like a favorite pair of jeans. Throw in some food trucks and live entertainment like we had last night, and it's a party!
Tavern: Local 46 for cocktails and conversation. http://local46bar.com/
Location: 4586 Tennyson St., between Denver's Berkeley and Regis Neighborhoods
The Atmosphere is: Open, raucous, and kitschy. The outside isn't the most eye-catching - and if we didn't know it was there we…